New England truly is a sight to see in the fall. My companion and I were walking through Boston on the way to the house and got sidetracked by an old cemetary with trees full of brilliant colors. It was definitely worth walking through. The autumn has lived up to expectations and it surely will next year as well.
------
It was a fairly normal week, not many huge changes for me to report but the work is increasing and I thank you for your prayers and support.
The first presidency message about families is really great. I remember often finding faults with my brothers and sisters or even sometimes -gasp- with my parents but I realize now that I could have easily forgiven them for the tiny things that happened. The message is short but profound. Here is an excerpt:
"It is through our Savior’s sacrifice that we can gain exaltation and eternal life. As we accept His ways and overcome our pride by softening our hearts, we can bring reconciliation and forgiveness into our families and our personal lives. God will help us to be more forgiving, to be more willing to walk the second mile, to be first to apologize even if something wasn’t our fault, to lay aside old grudges and nurture them no more. Thanks be to God, who gave His Only Begotten Son, and to the Son, who gave His life for us. "
-
I exhort each of you to read the rest of the message and put into practice the great family principles that it has. This week i'll be having interviews with the mission president. Today for pday we're going to the Boston museum of fine arts. Im excited. This week was excellent as far as postage. Thanks to all of the marvelous people that sent letters, it really buoys me up. Now I have plenty of letters to respond to and precious little time, fun fun fun. I really am very happy to have family and friends to keep in touch with.
-
May the Holy Spirit guide. Keep spreading that gospel fire.
-Elder Jared Ludlow Jr.
-
I exhort each of you to read the rest of the message and put into practice the great family principles that it has. This week i'll be having interviews with the mission president. Today for pday we're going to the Boston museum of fine arts. Im excited. This week was excellent as far as postage. Thanks to all of the marvelous people that sent letters, it really buoys me up. Now I have plenty of letters to respond to and precious little time, fun fun fun. I really am very happy to have family and friends to keep in touch with.
-
May the Holy Spirit guide. Keep spreading that gospel fire.
-Elder Jared Ludlow Jr.

No comments:
Post a Comment