Saturday, September 15, 2012

Birthday Thank You


Hello everyone,
 
I would like to start out by thanking everyone for the things that they sent for my birthday. I appreciated every little thing that i received. It's an inspiration to me, having such great family members and friends.
 
My birthday was an interesting day. In the morning I happily opened some packages and letters that i got. From then until the evening everything was just like any other day. We walked and walked and walked until our feet were sore looking for less-active members around our part of the city (where we live). After that we joined the young single adults of boston in their activity, which ended up being walking around looking for less-active members, if you can imagine that.
Following the YSA activity, Elder Swasey and I decided to do something different for Dinner. So we walked over to a Dominican restaurant and ate there. It was pretty good. I got "El bandera" which is rice, beans and chicken in a special dominican style. With the food i had a tropical style drink called "Lechosa"
When we walked out of the restaurant, a deluge of rain started to pour down on us. So we had to run through the rain back home. We were completely soaked but happy at the same time.
 
Thanks for the emails. I dont have much time anymore to comment on them, but i will try to answer any questions.
Yeah we do eat a lot of eggs at our apartment, for some reason. Im not hooked yet though. The district leader right now is my companion. There is definitely some of the college atmosphere. There was a lot of hubbub last week with everyone moving in and out. Finding investigators is difficult because there are so many people. We get plenty of referrals and talk with people all day but it seems like most of the people we find come out of the wood work. Like they are put in our path by miraculous means.
 
Just a spiritual thought. We have a lot of technology these days. I see people every time on the train or bus looking at their phones or listening to music. I believe that many of the inventions that we have in our era were inspired by God for different reasons. One reason is for the spreading of the gospel. With the amount of time that we spend on our electronics, are we focusing our efforts and things that really matter? We could make a huge difference in our lives by utilizing technology to study the gospel, learn more, or uplift ourselves and others.
 
I love you. Until later,
 
-Elder J. Ludlow Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment