Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Transfer Week


Dear family and friends,
This is a wednesday p-day right before transfers. So those will happen tomorrow! My next p-day is on monday though, so you'll hear from me again soon. We got t-texts on saturday and there are a lot of big changes. Half of my district is leaving and I've been given a leadership assignment. My new companion will be coming from the Hartford Zone, Elder Shim. I've seen him a few times due to zone conferences down in Connecticut.
 
Things sound really awesome over in the Holy Land. I hope everyone is having a positive time and enjoying it while it lasts. I feel sorry for Marissa. Get better soon! What has she been doing in the apartment?
 
I really liked what Mom said about becoming holy. That is actually something that has popped up quite a bit in my missionary studies and teaching lately. As a missionary it's especially important to turn my heart over to the Lord, purify myself though imperfect and become more like the Savior.
 
President Packard is great! Last tuesday we got to know him and his family, which is fairly young. Their kids are all in the teenage years, I think, with one on a mission. He is very genuine and humble but has a strong presence. The texas accent is a plus too. It will be excellent to see him again tomorrow at transfer meeting.

The fourth of July was really lame, unfortunately. We could have gone into Boston if we had some members going and a good reason but that didnt come to pass. There were a few appointments but people cancelled. Elder Torgesen and I played some soccer and that was the only highlight.
 
Updates from this week...
>We had a movie night on sunday, featuring 'Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration'. A few people came and it was a spiritually powerful experience.
>One of our investigators, Carlos, passed his baptismal interview! The zone leaders drove up and we waited at his house for a while but he didnt show. So we decided to eat some dinner and return afterwards. He was still late! but we waited it out and he showed up at the last minute. Tonight he will tell me his schedule and we will work out a time for his service, hopefully this weekend. That should be nice for Elder Shim :P
>Elder Torgesen led his final district meeting followed by pictures, predictions for tranfers and a picnic outside. I dont think I could send any of the district pics because they're all really crazy! One of the pictures i AM sending is of our predictions. The horizontal rows being each of our "guesses". The vertical row with letters for each person. So the vertical "L" row is what people thought would happen to me. Elder Hall (H) was the closest.
>Speaking of Elder Hall, he came to Gardner area for exchanges and we had a good time. Now he gets to shotgun train over at University (an area in Boston). Tough stuff.
 
To explain the other picture, I found a delicious and easy meal. It's white cheddar pasta shells with tuna. Trust me it's good.
 
I'll be back on Monday and I'll have some exciting new details for sure. Keep up all of the positive endeavors that you are involved in. It was a good week for mail and I really appreciate it. Love you all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment