Hello,
It was one of those weeks where the days feel really long but the week flies by. I find myself looking forward to this part of the week more and more. Sunday with going to church and then P-day.
I had flashbacks to Galilee as I thought about you being there. Truthfully it's a little painful to not be there but i rejoice that my family can experience it. It's hard to imagine frequently swimming in the water because that was super cold when I was there. Although the weather overall was pretty nice.
Do any of the sites look different at this time of year? Also im wondering when is your departure date?
It was good to hear about the various sites you got to see. I've been reading a little in the old testament lately and some places pop out to me, like Megiddo or Hazor.
Aw poor Marissa. I love her too. I bet it really shakes thing up to have her in that condition.
Yeah ive had two district meetings now and theyve been interesting. The last one was rough because the sisters werent able to make it (slow car repairs) so 1/3 of the missionaries were not present. I might have already mentioned this, but it's an unusually young district. No one has served a year yet.
Every friday we meet in Worcester (pronounced Wooster) for the meeting. It's one of the largest cities in Massachusetts and is about in the middle of all of us so thats where we go.
It was an inspiration to see my trainer finish with a clear conscience. He has no regrets and a lot of good memories to look back on. That is something I desire wholeheartedly.
Things are dynamic with investigators and you never know what will happen to them within a month. I hate feeling like I have to prod most of them along at a snail's pace but thats usually what happens. It's very exciting when someone acts for themselves. We received a media referral this week for a man that was already taught by missionaries in new hampshire. Upon contacting him we realized he lives about twenty seconds away from the Gardner church. Without much effort from our part, he came yesterday and stayed the whole 3 hours, taking notes and asking questions.
So that was nice.
There are a few teenagers as well that have started to investigate the church, thanks to the work of some members. They are coming to church and want to meet with us, so it's not such a bad deal either.
Things havent been all sunny and bright this transfer but I push myself through each day and try to focus on the Lord. When any doubts arise, I can look back on all of the blessings I have been given in my life, which are many. I want you to know, whoever you are that is reading this, that YOU are a blessing in my life and it makes all the difference for me to know people like you.
Shalom, shalom
Elder J. Ludlow Jr.
No comments:
Post a Comment