Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 16 Letter


Dear Amigos,
Needless to say, Im envious of my family that is at the Sea of Galilee. I would actually enjoy the heat and humidity that are probably attacking you. That's one of those experiences where you really need to soak up every moment and make sure it's done vicariously for me.
Has the family started packing up a little bit?
Maybe you will get to swim in the sea more now that it's warmer.

Things with the new comp have been.. different...
You know it's kind of difficult to "kill" a companion, or be with them as they finish their mission. Because you picture, in your head, their arrival and loosing from responsabilities. Followed by desiring the same thing. I also didn't realize how much I relied upon Elder Torgesen. Life was good with him around.
Carlos was not baptized. His situation is tough because he prayed and felt bad about going through with it. The personal agency of people is very strong. I wish that God would apply more of His influence sometimes..
It was good to hear about time with Elder Holland in the holy land. He is a great man. It is easy to see his apostolic power.
I feel really bad about Marissa. I really worry that things don't get worse.

We'll see what happens next year for the Fourth. It would be nice to see Boston in general.
My relationship with the ward is pretty good. It could be better. There are some members that I get along with very well. You know, I haven't heard very much encouragement for the Hill Cumorah Pageant. However, I know that they're trying to get all the YSA's to go over there.
Yeah things are still green. The church is true, the book is blue.
And that is all I have to say.
Love you. Les Amo.

-Elder J. Ludlow

No comments:

Post a Comment