Breaking News.
Elder Ludlow has been called to serve in another part of the vineyard. He will be transferred tomorrow to the Boston 1st Area. Many of his associates were astonished to hear about the change. It is doubtless that the work and life as a whole will be very different for him in the coming future.
Hartford
Hello Everyone! I had a good time down in Connecticut last week. It was interesting to go on splits with the Hartford spanish missionaries and see what urban spanish work is like. Hopefully it helped me prepare a little for Boston. The zone conference was excellent. I dont know if you are familiar with Elder Clayton Christiansen but he was recently called to my mission presidency and he spoke to us for a while. He's the dean of the Harvard school of business so that was precious time.
A downside was the extensive driving. We've already reached our limit on miles with ten days left in the month.
Goodbyes
In the last few days I said goodbye to the ward and some of the people that I got closer to. It was emotional at times but easier than I thought. It's interesting that a few of my investigators that aren't progressing were the most enthusiastic about keeping in touch.
Our final district meeting was good. We had a testimony meeting at the end, which i thought finished things off nicely. The district will be completely different again after this week. The sisters are opening a new area somewhere else and a seasoned elder is coming in to "shotgun" their area. Him and my current companion will be training.
Hellos?
From the time that I got my call I had a feeling that I would end up in Boston someday. I've heard positive and negative comments about where Im going. Many have told me that I will be in the ghetto, or more rough places. I welcome that! Coming from Eastern Jerusalem there are few surprises. The Lord will protect me.
I heard rumors that I will be in the same district as some of my missionary friends. It will be good to see my MTC comp at transfers as well.
One investigator here, Natalia, got really close to baptism but then moved to Boston. I really want to go find her and start teaching again, Insha'allah.
The Book of Mormon
Another training that we received at zone conference was about the BoM. President Packard used a sheet made by Victor Ludlow (I believe) to talk about the four major engravers of the Book. The significant point is that the Book of Mormon was written for our day. Selecting only the "hundredth part," the ancient prophets made sure that the material vital for us was included in the plates that Joseph Smith uncovered.
There is a power and a special spirit in the Book of Mormon. If any of you are not reading it consistently, I encourage you to do so. It will change your life. One chapter that highlights what I have mentioned is 2 Nephi 33.
Until Monday.
The next preparation day is this upcoming monday, not very far away. Beginning tomorrow I will be much closer to the coast :) I will let you know how im doing. I love you and pray in my heart for you throughout every day.
-Elder Ludlow
No comments:
Post a Comment