Greetings from Hartford!
How is everyone? Im in Connecticut because of Zone conference tomorrow. We drove down yesterday, coming from the part of our area up by New Hampshire and it was quite the trek! (About 2 1/2 hours.) We arrived early and saw a lot of geese flying in V formation. After a while, we got tired of waiting so we drove through Hartford and I saw a lot of huge mansions.
It was fun to be with a bunch of other missionaries last night and in our studies this morning. They have a very nice house down here for the zone leaders. For the rest of p-day my companion and I are with the Hartford spanish elders.
As my family is making the transition back into normal life, I've thought a lot about the home ward and family in Utah (more than usual.) I hope everyone is doing great.
The weather is going crazy in western Massachusetts. We've had plenty of summer thunderstorms that tear through like a wild animal and then leave like nothing happened. The rain pours down like a waterfall followed by the hot sun.
I took a few pictures this week! The vista with the church and forested hills was taken in Fitchburg. Somewhere amongst the many trees is the town of Lunenburg, where I live. The deer and the fancy banquet were in Ashburnham. A city in the forest near New Hampshire. The members (Lawrence family) fed us a high-class meal which we definitely enjoyed :)
I did some good service for members this week. Moving furniture and removing paint, among other things. Many of my investigators are proving to be very difficult but the work always seems to shift the right direction eventually. One lady, Natalia, unfortunately moved to Boston. She was close to baptism.
It sounds like there is a lot of interaction between the family going on right now. Fun fun fun. Let me know how that goes. Is there a lot of preparation for school? Is the house in good shape? :)
To answer Dad's question, It's obviously tough to pick a favorite place in Israel... I have to say that I really liked Jerusalem itself, every part that I covered. The Jerusalem Center was a great home for me. I love that place so much. Another location would have to be the sea of Galilee. That trip had a profound effect on my testimony, it really catapulted me even higher.
Well, this saturday is transfer texts and I dont have p-day until wednesday. I finally remembered to warn you! This transfer has felt slow but gone by incredibly quickly. I have a feeling that there will be a change this next transfer. So remember to mail everything to the mission office in Natick, and not my home in Lunenburg. Who knows, I could be in Boston next week. Or somewhere in Connecticut, or Rhode Island. Or in the same area. We will see.
Have an excellent time everyone. It is my wish that the gospel becomes or remains a constant part of your lives. It's hard to imagine a world without the restored truth. The gospel really is an anchor that keeps us steady in modern days of turbulent water. Our faith is our grasp on that anchor. If you feel like your faith is dormant or weak, do what you can to build it up. What is it that we hope for? Redemption through the atonement of Jesus Christ, through which all things are possible.
Hasta Luego!
-Elder Jared Ludlow Jr.
How is everyone? Im in Connecticut because of Zone conference tomorrow. We drove down yesterday, coming from the part of our area up by New Hampshire and it was quite the trek! (About 2 1/2 hours.) We arrived early and saw a lot of geese flying in V formation. After a while, we got tired of waiting so we drove through Hartford and I saw a lot of huge mansions.
It was fun to be with a bunch of other missionaries last night and in our studies this morning. They have a very nice house down here for the zone leaders. For the rest of p-day my companion and I are with the Hartford spanish elders.
As my family is making the transition back into normal life, I've thought a lot about the home ward and family in Utah (more than usual.) I hope everyone is doing great.
The weather is going crazy in western Massachusetts. We've had plenty of summer thunderstorms that tear through like a wild animal and then leave like nothing happened. The rain pours down like a waterfall followed by the hot sun.
I took a few pictures this week! The vista with the church and forested hills was taken in Fitchburg. Somewhere amongst the many trees is the town of Lunenburg, where I live. The deer and the fancy banquet were in Ashburnham. A city in the forest near New Hampshire. The members (Lawrence family) fed us a high-class meal which we definitely enjoyed :)
I did some good service for members this week. Moving furniture and removing paint, among other things. Many of my investigators are proving to be very difficult but the work always seems to shift the right direction eventually. One lady, Natalia, unfortunately moved to Boston. She was close to baptism.
It sounds like there is a lot of interaction between the family going on right now. Fun fun fun. Let me know how that goes. Is there a lot of preparation for school? Is the house in good shape? :)
To answer Dad's question, It's obviously tough to pick a favorite place in Israel... I have to say that I really liked Jerusalem itself, every part that I covered. The Jerusalem Center was a great home for me. I love that place so much. Another location would have to be the sea of Galilee. That trip had a profound effect on my testimony, it really catapulted me even higher.
Well, this saturday is transfer texts and I dont have p-day until wednesday. I finally remembered to warn you! This transfer has felt slow but gone by incredibly quickly. I have a feeling that there will be a change this next transfer. So remember to mail everything to the mission office in Natick, and not my home in Lunenburg. Who knows, I could be in Boston next week. Or somewhere in Connecticut, or Rhode Island. Or in the same area. We will see.
Have an excellent time everyone. It is my wish that the gospel becomes or remains a constant part of your lives. It's hard to imagine a world without the restored truth. The gospel really is an anchor that keeps us steady in modern days of turbulent water. Our faith is our grasp on that anchor. If you feel like your faith is dormant or weak, do what you can to build it up. What is it that we hope for? Redemption through the atonement of Jesus Christ, through which all things are possible.
Hasta Luego!
-Elder Jared Ludlow Jr.
No comments:
Post a Comment