Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14 Letter from Elder Ludlow


Aloha,
It's great to receive your letters as well. There are many amazing things happening for you, too many to comment on. Im happy for all of the experiences that people are having.
Yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity of talking to my beautiful mother and the rest of the family on skype (with dad through the phone as well) it was nice to talk to everyone again. It feels like it hasnt been a very long time since I was there.
Thankyou for the support. If there is one thing that I would ask you to pray for especially, it's that my investigators can attend church. Which still hasn't happened yet, but im not giving up hope.
I would like to thank grandma ludlow for all of her letters, they are a shining light for me. I read them all but I dont have very much time to write back.
Im grateful to Haley for the music that she put on my ipod. It relaxes my soul every evening; has some great songs that I like.
My investigators are great, I enjoy working with them. Most of them are actually latino people that prefer to speak english. There are some fairly new investigators (One lesson or will have the first this week) that we're hoping to have success with.
Zone conference was pretty good. Required a lot of driving. Down to connecticut. I'll be going down to ludlow today for zone p-day. Some basketball finally. And later this week i'll return for exchanges.
Language is progressing still. Kind of slowly but im comfortable with it. We still work about 70% in english with invest.
Yes i have started to build some good relationships, with part members as well.
Im trying to keep a good journal, I actually have like three different kinds. So we'll see how that turns out after two years
Sounds like Mom is being quite the adventurer.
It's interesting, I've found that as ive been reading the Bible a lot more and studying the book of Isaiah has been one of my favorites. And chap 53 especially. There are so many prophecies that he made and that came to pass. I try to read from each of the testaments every day.
So yes sunday was a great blessing. Its amazing how small miracles happen. We got out of church and went over to start my call and i realized that i didnt have my card. Then we took a different route than normal, going into the building instead of around. And one of the members came and asked us for a blessing in his difficult times. After that I went and sat on the front steps, tried to call but the card said it was expired. At that moment Brother Aliomeleh came outside and asked how we were doing. Which led to him helping me skype with the family. It all worked out, and was definitely not coincidence.
I dont have much more time today (we're going down to springfield soon) but I liked speaking to each of my brothers and sisters. And mom of course. I hope you did too. And it wasnt just boring or something.
Have a good time in all your endeavors.
Love you,
Elder Ludlow

No comments:

Post a Comment