Dear Family,
Sounds like things are great as usual over there. I like to hear about the experiences youre having at the different sites. It kind of takes me back a little bit. Today I ate lunch outside and it reminded me a lot of walking around outside all day in Jerusalem and eating the sack lunches in the sun. Also i've been reading in the new testament and that brings back memories of the holy land and turkey. What are the histories associated with Pirene and Sardis?
I enjoyed reading your last letter. At first i was astounded at the spanish words that marissa was using but i read the message more carefully the second time and caught the part about the translator. I dont know if i've already mentioned this, but ive gotten to the point where im really good at translating and intrepreting spanish but i still need to work on speaking. Sounds like Melia is learning a lot. Tell me how the talking parrot experience goes. Josh and Joe- studs. nice work in basketball and everything else. Mom and Dad, im glad you're having so many experiences and making the most of your time there. Thanks for the basketball update.
It was a good week. There were a few times when i stopped and thought and was grateful to be in the MTC. Had some good experiences. Got to hear Brother Heaton speak at a fireside,as well as Elder Cardon of the seventy. The weather has been excellent. It feels like spring. Had kind of an activity outside with my teacher hermano alailima where he was a contact and we had to find him on the Mtc grounds. My companion and I found him first and it was a great conversation- en espanol. Had a really good lesson with one of my investigators about the plan of salvation and committed him to baptism. Also, one of my teachers served in Boston spanish speaking (and his first name is Jared) and we've connected a little bit. He has helped a lot.
However, yes it has been difficult, and i have had to turn myself over to the Lord. My strongest desire right now is to be His servant. Before my mission, i never had a good "appetite" for the scriptures, I just read them every once in a while and called it good. Now, I feast on the words of the prophets, I can't get enough of it. I have found treasures in the scriptures from immersing myself in them. Some great chapters are St John 15 and 2 Peter 1. I have an intense thirst for the feelings of the Spirit. Here in the MTC the Spirit has been powerful. There have been times when I have felt a fire spreading throughout my entire body from His influence. My faith is growing tremendously.
So dad is going to be running in a race pretty soon? How is the weather going over there? Still have the call to prayer five times a day?
We've adjusted to having two less people in our district. Tensions have grown a little because there are less people but I also few like we are just as strong spiritually if not better. We have a lot more space in our room and class and thats kind of nice...
This last week i've gotten some good packages but only one letter :P i say this not to complain but just because i think it's funny. Im sorry that I havent been able to write everyone. All of you should know that I love you a lot. Thankyou for your prayers and support. Even though im not physically with you, im always there with you in spirit. the Lord is with all of us as well. He has made all things possible.
Love,
Elder Jared Ludlow Jr.
No comments:
Post a Comment