I've been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Boston Massachusetts Mission, Spanish speaking
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Combination of first email letters to Mom and Dad February 18, 2012
Things are alright, how are they going for you?
I have enjoyed some aspects of the MTC and still adjusting to others.
Ran into Sestra Jolley (Kristine) on my first day at dinner. I've seen her one other time. I don't think I'll see any other Jerusalemites. No one from the ward yet. I have bumped into a bunch of guys that I knew at Provo High.
Speaking, hearing, reading Spanish has been a constant routine. We (my district) actually gave our first lessons in Spanish yesterday to a young man named Mario Sanchez that is supposedly an investigator. All of us took turns and my companion and I were last. It was a pretty good experience, while we weren't completely able to get our point across, the spirit was there. He was a pretty cool guy, probably about 24 years old and supposedly from Panama.
The Mission has been tough so far, not going to lie. It has been rewarding though in some ways. I've learned a lot of Spanish already. As usual, something has to go wrong with my health, so I've had some stomach issues but it's ok! For some reason it feels a lot colder in the MTC than it did the last month and a half I've been in Provo. My teachers are really great, they set a good example. I’m pretty sure they are recently returned missionaries and they have a light and energy that is very admirable. My companion, Elder Somppi, is from California. He almost looks like we could be related, almost, but I think that we're very different. Our room mates are going to Spain and they are considerably better at the language.
Anyway, miss you and hope everything is going well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment