Friday, February 24, 2012

February 24 Letter

Yeah you're right it would be much easier to send one email. I also have a few requests to make, i dont know if you already forward all my emails to everyone or if you would do it seperately. Either way, I have a request that I hope isnt too crazy I would really appreciate it if my family and friends would send me some pictures of themselves. Just a way for me to remember everyone and i would love it. I've got pictures of my immediate family and it has been a blessing for me. If my relatives, my provo and Jerusalem friends would send me a photo it would really make my day. Anyway... I have been settling into the routine a little bit. Had the opportunity to go to the temple with my district today and it was great. Ate a really delicious breakfast there. There are eight elders in my district. My companion and I are both going to Boston. The other companionship in my room is going to spain in a couple weeks. The other four elders are all state side. Three of them are going to Richmond, Virginia and the other one is going to Lansing, Michigan. One of the Richmond Elders played football for Utah. We get gym time almost everyday so we have the choice of playing some indoor sports or lifting weights or running around the track. I've done kind of a mix of everything.Actually my p-day is friday (today) from now on, and yes we go to the temple in the morning. The teachers have been really great. Hermano Keller is our main teacher and he has been really nice and spiritual. He served in Spain so he has kind of a lisp on some letters and says "Vale" a lot. The investigator that we have been teaching is another one of our teachers (we found out yesterday after about five lessons) and we will meet him tonight. At the devotional on tuesday we listened to Elder Wilson from the seventy. He gave an excellent talk. I really liked the story about the shoe shining. I've heard a lot of inspirational missionary stories here and learned a lot of things about teaching. Sounds like you're going through a really fun and exciting time. I bet Turkey will be a great trip. Tell Melia happy birthday for me. Im glad that I have a plethora of great memories from the Holy Land to remember when I want to. Hope you're making more positive memories and enjoying the experience. I see the Jerusalem Center on the painting of Howard W Hunter everytime i walk into the main building and think of all of you. Ciao! Elder Jared Ludlow Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment