Hola,
It has been one of those "lightning weeks" where you feel like yesterday was the same day of the week. I wish that I could respond/comment on a lot of the things that I heard from the family this week but suffice it to say that I read the stories and enjoy the great amount of updates. I am able to add some pictures today but they're not high quality and they are few, so I apologize :)
I want to ask Mom if she noticed that there were a lot of flies in Jordan. That was something that caught my attention. Petra is always a great stop.
So what you're hinting to me is that Miami and OKC are in the NBA finals? If thats true, then im ecstatic, because both are teams that I like. (The heat more so)
A bunch of people were talking about how they watched the last game. Boston vs Miami. Some of our investigators like the Celtics. While they should be reading the Book of Mormon instead, I think it's cool.
Wow we really do have a priesthood presence in the family. How nice.
Im happy that Joe had a fun b-day and liked my card. We kind of celebrated the birthday of one of our investigators, Eileen, on saturday with the Stokes, who are great members that live right next door to us . There was a barbecue and a cake. She came late but it was still fun. One of the pictures is of us there.
It has been a really tough week. Things have just been sliding downward with our investigators that we thought were solid. There are no firm baptisimal dates at the moment. There were quite a few a couple of weeks ago but the number has been halved twice now. The hardest challenge still has been getting people to go to church. That is where people display their agency the most, I believe, in choosing not to attend.
The river continues flowing, however, and our pool has slightly shifted. So we'll see what happens. Things never stop. Hope is in the air and our determination is steadfast.
A typical daily schedule would be waking up at 6:30, exercising for a half hour, breakfast, studies in the morning until lunch at 11, then missionary gametime through to the night. We are usually back home between 8:45-9:00.
I have been trying my hardest to be obedient and recieve spiritual impressions but it's somewhat discouraging to notice a lack of inspiration. Last night I sort of had a feeling though, to knock on a door next to where we were parked and making phone calls. We had a long and very interesting conversation with a vietnam vet and past buddhist monk. He was really kind and talkative but we'll see if anything happens from that.
To be honest, the american food that i've enjoyed the most is the little snacks and things that are so readily available now. Burgers have been good too. I particularly miss shwarma, pita bread, filafel and dozens of other things.
I hope your week is fantastic. Sorry for not really having questions or stories this week. My mind has been all over the place. Today should be fun, we are going to have a barbecue and stuff as a district.
I pray for all of you as well. Remember to continually convert yourselves to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
From,
Elder Jared Ludlow Jr.
No comments:
Post a Comment